The purpose of Northwest Ramallah Villages Water System project is twofold:
- To provide adequate, reliable and safe water supply with better storage capabilities to help overcome the deficit in the water supply that the area suffers due to undersized, old and deteriorated pipes.
- To construct main bulk water system components necessary to supply the Northwest Ramallah Villages with the additional water allocation that will be provided by Mekorot at the Ofarim Tank Connection Point.
Northwest Ramallah Villages Water System Project include the following activities:
- Construction of 12 km Main transmission supply pipelines with diameters ranging from 200 mm to 500 mm.
- Construction of 29 km Main transmission distribution pipelines with diameters ranging from 150 mm to 500 mm.
- Construction of 5000 m3 Regional Water Tank in Beit Rima
- Construction of four booster stations as follows:
- Main booster station with 1000 m3 balance tank in Abud to deliver water to Regional Water Tank.
- Local booster station in Beit Rima to deliver water to Al Nabi Saleh
- Local (In-Line) booster station in Mazari’ an Nubani to deliver water to Rawabi Water Tank and south eastern villages in Phase I and to Salfit district communities in Phase II.
- Local booster station in Um Safa to deliver water to Birzeit & Atara.
Providing complete design, acquiring construction permit and preparation of tender documents and conformed documents.